Lead DevOps Engineer with 6+ years experience of planning, designing, building and configuring Kubernetes Clusters from scratch is required. You will work with cutting-edge open source technology such as Kafka, FaaS, Spark, Istio, Envoy, CDK, TypeScript, Knative.
As a DevOps engineer, you will build highly resilient, scalable and high-performance AWS infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines to enable rapid application deployment using Infrastructure as Code methods and ensuring compliance with Security and Operational Risk standards (e.g. network firewalls, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, and Resiliency).
Essential skill and knowledge (must have):
– at least Bachelor level academic degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Automation or equivalent
– AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
– hands-on experience in building and designing high load/high performance/low latency infrastructure and services
– 6+ years experience on a similar DevOps engineer / SRE role
– expert knowledge in such tools as ELK stack, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Istio, Envoy, Cloud Development Kit, TypeScript, Knative
– strong programming skills in “Go”
– expert-level knowledge in containerisation and orchestration technologies and products: Kubernetes, Docker
– Take lead of scrum team as the Product Owner
– Take ownership and control over the CI/CD Pipeline within the business
– Work with the Development team to ensure the release cycles can be reliable and as frequent as possible, helping the business to achieve its aggressive growth KPIs.
– Take ownership of the AWS environment as a whole
-Supervise the team to ensure DevOps best practices are being followed and that adequate monitoring is available.
This is a great opportunity to work with the latest technologies in a StartUp environment. To find out more – please apply to get the conversation started.
Deadline for application submission: 10.01.2020
Salary: £39,000 per annum + bonus
Location: Kings Hill, Kent + WFH